Sunday, January 3, 2010

A STAR IS BORN: MARK MCMORROW CHRONICLES JOAN COLLINS' CAREER

Hello fellow fans! I am so delighted to be able to share my admiration and appreciation for the career and our living legend: Joan Collins. I do hope you enjoy reading my brand new weekly column on the Joan Collins Fan Club Blog. I will cover, in time, all of Joan’s film roles and later on her TV guest appearances, of which there are many. Starting off with her first film “Lady Godiva Rides Again”, up to at present “Banksy’s Coming to Dinner.”

I am proud to have been a fan of Joan’s since the late 70’s, before the advent of “Dynasty.” Whilst many fans have savoured her role as the eternally glamorous--if not treacherous--Alexis Carrington, I have enjoyed all her varied film roles and television work. My parents were fans of Joan’s as they enjoyed her in her films from the 50’s to the 70’s and have memories of going to the cinema with them to see the epic “Empire of the Ants.” When Joan joined “Dynasty,” I was fully aware of her as an actress and became an even bigger admirer. It was after meeting her for the first time in 1989, (when she came to Dublin for a book signing, for her first novel “Prime Time”), that I began collecting clippings and her books and eventually all her films and TV work, followed by hundreds of photos and memorabilia of all kinds connected with her many ventures.

Hopefully over time I can share many of them with you all! I am so glad that we have a new Official Joan Collins Fan Club and that Joan continues to keep active in her career and remains as vital and as busy as ever in this fickle world of entertainment.

Hope you all enjoy the blog and have a great 2010!

Best Wishes,

Mark McMorrow, Ireland

No comments: